Thursday, June 26, 2008

Preggo Brain

An interesting "side effect" of this whole process is the fact that I have gone completely stupid. It started innocently enough -- forgetting things, having to make detailed grocery lists, bumping into furniture. But now it's gotten out of control. Twice now I have driven all the way to the grocery store, only to not remember why I'm there and what I need. Three times in the past two weeks, I have started to make dinner, only to realize I am missing a crucial ingredient (i.e., tomato sauce for pizza, chicken breast for grilled chicken, pasta for pasta salad). I put a pizza in the oven today and came back 20 minutes later and got really annoyed that it wasn't ready yet. Yeah, that was probably because I didn't turn the oven on. Before that, I left my in-laws' house and grabbed a set of their car keys, then got really annoyed they didn't work on my car.

I'm in trouble. I'm only halfway done. If I get worse as I progress, I'm going to need a helper monkey by my 7th month.....

No comments: