Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pirate Bear!

I like monkeys. No, this isn't the start of a chain letter from the early days of the internet, its the reason that we ultimatly went with a moneky theme for Teddy's room. However, this wasn't my first idea - I was going to go with my first love:

Pirates!

However, its hard to find good stuff that isn't too cartoon cutesy or too scary for a baby in a pirate theme. I can't imagine why bloodthirsty buccaneers and their crimes upon the high seas aren't a more popular nursery theme.

Upon hearing that the theme was pirates, and the child's name was Teddy, my sister immediately made a pirate teddy bear to go with our pirate teddy bear:



Which I think is awesome, even if I couldn't make the theme work.

Everyone needs a one-eyed protector. Mine is named John David
Barret Campbell and he talked me out of giving my son four names, which I think Teddy with thank him for.

No comments: